What is a Database?
A database is a structured way to organize digital data. The data is usually stored in a series of rows and columns on multiple tables, designed to maximize the efficiency of accessing, querying, updating, manipulating or deleting the data. A database is controlled by a database management system (DBMS) and managed by a database administrator (DBA), who is responsible for the continuous maintenance, tuning and backing up of the database.
A database may be associated with a specific business application that is used to access and update the information in the database. In a contact center, the customer database associated with the customer relationship management (CRM) system plays an important role in delivering an exceptional customer experience. It houses account and contact information about the customer, as well as maintaining, or linking to, records about purchase and contact history. This allows agents to access critical information about callers as well as update information that has changed.
Databases are also used to house the massive amounts of data produced by contact centers. There may be a reporting database that consolidates data from numerous systems in order to enable holistic reporting and analytics. In such a data driven environment, efficiently structured and well managed databases are critical to success.
How NICE can help
NICE is the market leader in providing customers the cloud contact center software they need to deliver consistently exceptional customer experiences. Benefits include:
- Analytics that turn insights into results by making data relevant, easy to consume and actionable to drive measurable improvements and understand the omnichannel experience customers receive
- Modern ACD providing digital first omnichannel routing and increased business agility
- Integrated and comprehensive workforce management solutions to engage and empower contact center agents to achieve business goals
- Automation and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to enhance the customer experience and automate routine agent tasks
- Omnichannel customer journey management
CXone provides an intelligent, unified suite of applications covering the breadth of contact center management disciplines, simplifying administration and streamlining the user experience.