What does a customer experience team do?
As customers continue to expect organizations to evolve from customer support to customer experience, most organizations now have a customer experience (or CX) team in place to create and maintain positive interactions at every touchpoint of the customer journey.
But just as lifetime customer value figures range in size, so do customer experience teams. However, the size of the organization typically determines how many team members are on the customer experience team. Smaller businesses may have a single employee focused part- or full-time on CX. Mid-sized businesses typically have anywhere from one to five team members dedicated to customer experience. And large organizations normally have much bigger customer experience teams.
Typical responsibilities of a customer experience team.
Regardless of how many people are on a customer experience team, team members are usually responsible for:
- Developing a strategy that achieves the desired customer experience
- Representing the voice of the customer
- Understanding customer insights and analytics
- Creating positive interactions along the buyer journey
- Recommending, implementing, and maintaining relevant tools