What is a Virtual Agent?
A virtual agent is an online bot, often called a chatbot, that uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to have intelligent and informed conversations with customers. Virtual agents might mimic humans, like having a name and using casual language, in order to seem less robotic. They are used for helping online customers with service issues or shopping-related questions, but some virtual agents can also make product recommendations and facilitate the back-end fulfillment of requests, such as canceling and reissuing credit cards.
Virtual agents are good at handling basic issues but have trouble with more complex requests. Because of this, businesses need to have human agents to provide seamless backup. This means that the virtual agent can smoothly hand off the conversation with all of the history remaining intact to a live contact center agent. It is important to provide the live agent with the content and context of the interaction with the virtual agent so that the customer does no have to start over from the beginning and repeat everything they already shared for the live agent. Without this kind of transition, using virtual agents may do more harm than good.
How NICE can help
NICE is the market leader in providing customers the cloud contact center software they need to deliver consistently exceptional customer experiences. Benefits include:
- Partnerships with most of the leading chatbot providers
- Modern ACD providing digital first omnichannel routing and increased business agility
- Integrated and comprehensive workforce management solutions to engage and empower contact center agents to achieve business goals
- Automation and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to enhance the customer experience and automate routine agent tasks
- Omnichannel customer journey management
CXone provides an intelligent, unified suite of applications covering the breadth of contact center management disciplines, simplifying administration and streamlining the user experience.